Friday, July 27, 2012

Flashback Friday - The Magnificent 7

Since the Olympics start today, I am really thinking so much of the Atlanta Olympics I was able to go to in 1996. It was such an amazing experience that hopefully Addy will one day get to partake in! There was just something so special about the Atlanta Games. We all were so excited to get to Atlanta that we went a little earlier than originally planned. Our first day in Atlanta was the day of the opening ceremonies. We watched the opening ceremonies in our hotel room. It was the first time that I had Papa John's pizza AND what was really awesome, was that we could actually see some of the fireworks used in the ceromonies from a window in the hotel. I can remember seeing them on TV, but hearing them in person. So we all ran to the window in the hallway for which we could see them in person. AWESOME!

But honestly the MOST AWESOME part of the games was watching the Magnificent 7 win team Gold! I know there is a video somewhere of me screaming my head off during pretty much the entire meet, but that will have to wait for another time.

This is the vault where USA won GOLD!

I know they are not the BEST pictures, or of anything much at all, but its something! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment