Tuesday, May 13, 2014

One. Last. Day.

That I hope can just get stuck on repeat. And loop. And loop. And loop.

I knew this time was coming. Soon. Very soon.

Its funny how it seems like these twelve weeks flew by, but February and my last day of work seems like forever ago. I still remember how nervous I was on the 19th of February. I remember bedtime and Addy waking up earlier, and coming into our room, and leaving her sleeping in our bed to go have Caden, and Mimi and Pop dodging black ice to come and stay with her, and my belly moving like crazy, and taking my last pregnancy pictures, and welcoming Caden into the world laying in a freezing operating room. It seems like yesterday, and it seems like last year all at the same time. Its funny how time and life works like that...

I have one last day to spend with my babies before the rat race of work really starts to catch up with me. I already have a list of to-do's in my head for when I return Thursday. But I will savor tomorrow. I will treasure holding and loving on both of my babies. I know they will be in such loving and capable hands when I return to work, and for that I am grateful. If only time could repeat though. Maybe if I go into a dark closet and clench my fists I can repeat tomorrow, or maybe that's only in the movies...

I have so, so, so, so, so, so, soooo much enjoyed this maternity leave. Here's to a great twelve weeks!





And a visit with GG today



No comments:

Post a Comment