Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Elmwood Park Zoo - End of Maternity Leave

This Monday started my last full week off for my maternity leave...

Such a bittersweet time. Bitter, since I won't be able to spend all day with my awesome kiddos starting at the end of next week- and Sweet, since I still get to spend all day with my awesome kiddos RIGHT NOW!

I am very lucky to have had the time that I did. I am very lucky that I only need to go back to work for four weeks (and two days, but who's counting). I am very lucky that I have two amazing, fantastic, sweet, perfect kiddos. I am very lucky to have a very supportive, loving, handsome, fantastic, hard working husband. I am very lucky to have a nice, cozy, and warm house to spend our time in. I am very lucky to have THE MOST incredible parents, in-laws and family ever.

But....
I just want to stay at home with my babies.

I'll get over it...

But...
It'll take some time.

Anyway...

For more of that sweet this week, we started our sweet week at Elmwood Park Zoo. Originally my plan hatched out that morning was to make a card with Addyson for her teachers at The Learning Experience (since its teacher appreciation week), pick up some cookies at Redners (because, last minute no time to make them), deliver cookies and card to TLE, and head to Manderach Park.

We did all of that, but once we go to the park, we discovered that it was closed. Que the crying. So, instead of going home, I suggested the zoo. Addyson loved the idea.

We had a great time, and she found a few new friends on the playground. After the zoo, since it was Cinco de Mayo, we stopped at Chipotle for lunch (left with a splinter from the table) and a nap in the car on the way home.

Addy discovered how to get fish feed without actually paying for it :) I was going to give her money, but then she came over with one pellet of food and was happy! :)




Poor Girl

No nap but cartoons and lots of smiles


Doctor Daddy to the rescue! He was able to retrieve the splinter!

No comments:

Post a Comment