Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Our hospital stay


Long story short we got to the hospital at 6am on Thursday, February 20th and left Sunday, February 23rd around 1pm. We would have been able to leave sooner had a doctor been available to clear me sooner on Sunday. But since it was Sunday, the on call doctor didn't show up until the afternoon.

Overall we had a really good hospital stay. Lots of great nurses for Caden and I. Josh was also able to get some sleep at home, more so then when I had Addyson since Caden was still pretty sleepy and peaceful in the hospital. This made my night feedings with him very easy. 

I was also fortunate that my surgery was early enough in the day that 12 hours later they were able to remove my compression socks, iv and catheter and let me get up out of bed!! All of which had been bothering me for quite some time. I didn't remember them bothering me as much last time but I think having a spinal instead of an epidural had something to do with it.

Josh stayed with me the first night. With Addyson I needed a lot of help the first night. Since I was a brand new mommy I really had no idea what I was doing with nursing and diaper changes. Also I wasn't able to get out of bed that first night so I couldn't lift Addy out of the bassinet or swaddle her. This time it was nice to have him there, but I was able to do a lot more on my own. He was able to stay at our house and take care of Caden's sign and our cats, but most importantly use that time to get some decent sleep. Fortunately he did, because both Caden and Addyson worked together to rob Josh and I of lots of sleep during his time off. :)

Addyson stayed with Mimi and Pop Thursday night and Friday. Then she stayed with Mom mom and Pop pop Friday night and Saturday night. They were nice enough to bring her to the hospital every day for an hour or so. I missed her so much, but it was nice to be able to recover and for Josh and I to spend that time bonding with Caden.

Uncle Hal sent beautiful flowers. Loren and Jon came up to visit Thursday night. And Chris and Emily came by on Saturday and we had a pizza party with everyone including a delicious cake!!


















































No comments:

Post a Comment