Friday, August 23, 2013

Last week of summer break...

Addy and I knew it had to come at some point and time, but I don't think we were or are ever ready for it! I've been trying to prep Addyson for the transition back to school, but I don't know how helpful it was. I was trying to remind her of all the fun things at her school - friends, lunch, playground time, story time, circle time, new toys, and caring teachers. But I know, because I would too, that she really just wants to spend her time together with Mommy and Addy time.

We had a fun time in this last week of summer, but the transition was a little rough for both of us. Addyson, cries and hugs me with what feels like a death grip when I have dropped her off at school these past three days. And I have surely lost most all of my working stamina, leaving me exusted with a pounding head. When I picked Addyson up on Tuesday, she kept telling me, "Sorry I lost you Mommy!" Broke my heart. I tried to explain that since she knew where I was she didn't loose me. I don't think she really understood, though.

Hopefully by the time I really need to be on my A game this Tuesday, I'll be ready. And hopefully when Josh starts dropping Addy off at school on Monday, that she has a little bit of a less traumatic transition time at school.

Josh making a video to audition for the sunny side up show!

Our ray of light!

Photo booth fun

Blowing and catching bubbles





Reading books with Mom Mom

Apparently Addy reads with her feet

Taking one of our last summer naps

Bath time fun with her new duckies


Watched a praying mantis on the playground

Did a little back to school shopping, and took a time out of the playground and a ride.

Painted windows.... and faces



She painted a "Butterfly" on her face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment